Terms and Conditions
We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in swimming. Cindy’s Swim School Ltd. (CSS) supports its Child Protection Regulations to ensure that swimming is enjoyed in a safe and positive environment. Remember swimming lessons enable your child to develop their technical, physical, tactical and social skills.
Please observe the Cindy’s Swim School (CSS) Terms and Conditions at all times, to help us achieve these goals.
- Catch up lessons/credits will not be issued in the event that a client misses their booked slot. This is because we still accrue the cost of the pool and the teacher’s time. The exceptions to these terms are:
- Baby Lessons: A catch up session is only offered to customers who are enrolled in a baby swim session whose baby is too sick to attend a scheduled lesson. There is no requirement to provide evidence of sickness other than a notification in writing(email) at least one hour before the start of the lesson, that the child is not well enough to attend. The number of catch up sessions is limited to two per term and cannot be carried forward more than one term.
- All other lessons: If a medical note is provided we will meet half way with lesson credit, up to a maximum of 2 credits. These credits cannot be carried forward more than one term.
- If you do not wish to continue swimming lessons, notice must be given 4 full weeks before the end of term. CSS follow Wandsworth term times.
- Due to the database CSS use, lessons are sold in running 13 week blocks. The cancellation policy still remains the same as before, with notice to be be given 4 full weeks of term time, half terms and holidays are not counted. All remaining monies in surplus will be refunded.
- Lessons will be invoiced before the start of the courses. To secure a slot, payment must be made before course start date. If you have not paid you may not be allowed to swim. Payments are non-refundable and missed classes will not be refunded.
- Lessons are subject to change and lesson dates may be altered due to instructor illness or pool closure. In such circumstances we reserve the right to move lessons to another pool. No credit will be issued if we have offered an alternate venue, within what CSS considers reasonable. If CSS are unable to find another venue, alternative dates will be offered, if you are unable to attend any of these we will offer a credit off the following term’s lesson invoice.
- Parents need to ensure that CSS has up to date address, email and telephone contact details, as well as current medical records.
- Parents should check notice boards, email and the CSS website for up to date information.
- Swimmers should arrive suitably equipped to their lesson. Swimmers should be collected at the end of their lesson promptly. Parents need to ensure that swimmers are left safely in the care of poolside staff and not left outside the building.
- All property left in changing rooms or on poolside are left at your own risk. CSS cannot accept responsibility for the loss or damage of any personal belongings.
- CSS Teachers may need to ask a parent/guardian to leave the pool area if the parent/guardian’s presence is prohibiting the progress of the lesson.
- All parents need to be aware of and agree to CSS teaching methods. CSS are a hands-on swim school with a focus on fun, discipline and progress. We believe that children benefit a lot more from a hands on approach, in particular with little ones, where the benefits are much greater, as it gives them the physical support they need, it helps to build trust faster between child and teacher, and it allows them to learn the correct body positions and strokes needed to swim directly from the source, without the extra complication of a teaching assistant. With regard to the older swimmers, this approach benefits them by teaching them within a structured environment, allowing them to focus on their strokes and having the freedom to learn the best techniques directly from their teachers/coaches. Although we are not competitively driven, our teaching standards are in place to ensure that each child gets the best teaching available to them to ensure that they in turn become the best swimmers they can be. All our lessons are based on a solid teaching structure, with an emphasis on core strength, water safety, and fun. We have found that with these focuses in mind, we have delivered amazing results, producing confident, strong and happy swimmers!
- Never bring your child swimming if they have an illness, please wait until the doctor has given the all clear before returning. Please notify and keep CSS up to date on the condition. We may refuse a child if we feel that the child is too unwell to swim and poses a health risk to themselves and/others.
- If a child or adult’s behaviour is unreasonable and/or poses a health risk to them and/others, CSS reserves the right to refuse entry.
- No camera or video equipment without prior express permission from CSS.
- Parents are to please familiarise themselves with CSS’s Emergency Operating Procedures (EOP’s), which are available in coloured folders at all our pools.
- CSS will not accept any hostility or aggression to our teachers. Any such behaviour shown may result in the relevant parent being banned for the pool. Another adult will then be required to bring the swimmer to lessons.
Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice and should be checked regularly.